Saturday, April 10, 2010

A trip to Bali on 25th March - 1st April, 6 people in total (Ken, Marck, Fernadi, Roey, Fandra and I) ^^
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Actually I don't know I'm laughing at what but i know I kept laughing non-stop.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Hi Ken. Wassup? You look so poor thing here :(
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Everyone did temporary tattoo except for Roey & I!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Hi Fernadi!
Photobucket
@ Hard Rock Cafe! Think we went in less than an hr and we left that place.
Photobucket
Visited the zoo in Bali as well!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We fed the elephants!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Went to Tanah lot, the floating temple!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Love this sunset!
Photobucket
When we're crossing over to the floating temple.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Oh this is taken at the floating temple. We need to rinse our face with the water 3 times and drink the water 3 times.
Of course we didn't drink the water that we used to rinse our face la! LOL.
Is something like a waterfall kind of thing? So water will just keep flowing. Anw, the water taste holy.
Photobucket
That's rice on my forehead!
Photobucket
I love this shot!
Photobucket
I couldn't really rmb what is this but is like a story between the god and princess.
Photobucket
I forgot why we did this. LOL.
Photobucket
The first row(squatting) is the god (both good & bad)
And the second row (standing) is the princess and her maid.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Fernadi was saying 'Ice-cream anyone?' Lol.
Photobucket
Banana boat! Shiok ttm!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
We're pulled by a boat or whatever you call that.
And in the middle of the sea, the guy infront start to push all of us down into the sea.
Like he tried to flip the whole banana boat and we're supposed to let go.
Litres of sea water got into my mouth and nose because I'm unprepared! :(
So here we are, trying very hard to climb onto the banana boat again.
Look at Marck, and you will know. LOOLL.
You see how the guys laugh! Hahahahhaha.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Next is parasailing!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
AND SNORKLING!!!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ok, i cannot recognise anyone here. LOL. Everyone looks the same.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And last, we visited the turtle island!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I think it was the next day when we drove all the way to the mountain (near volcano, i think?)
The journey took about 2hrs! So imagine to & fro took about 4hrs. Thanks Roey for driving :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Just look at the scenery! And it was cold up there! Partially is due to the rain i guess?
Photobucket
If you noticed, there's boats behind us! The people there asked if we wanna take the boat to this island where they throw all the dead bodies there.
We decided not to since most of us have no balls. LOL. Kinda scary actually if you think about it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
This aunty below is scary and dangerous.
That girl is so dangerous. That girl is so dangerous
That girl is a bad girl ~
I've seen her type before. She's so dangerous
That girl is so dangerous. That girl is a bad girl, yeah ~~ LOOLL.
Photobucket
Poor marck :(
The aunty say 'Other ppl i sell 150k. You happy with me, I sell you 100k'
HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Photobucket
Night life in Bali is damn happening but we didnt get a chance to go into any club.
Photobucket
And some random shots! By Fernadi.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

If you were to ask me about Bali, I will say Bali is awesome.
Go there and experience it yourself and you will understand why I said that.

Bali is a very nice place for you to explore around and the people there are really friendly!
You just need to remember one phrase 'Terima kesih' which means thank you in Indonesian.
People there are very willing to assist you!! I mean it! But of course, some are doing for the sake of money but you can just give them any amount.

Things there are super cheap! All of them get their tie-dye shirts as low as 1bucks?
The most exp tie-dye shirts they got are at most 3bucks?
Everything is cheap except for water activities.
Like we went to waterboomz which is like wild wild wet and we did snorkling..etc..
They charge everything in USD because most of the tourists come from western country.
We're lucky to have Roey, Fandra & Fernadi with us because they are indonesian and we managed to get their local price which is cheaper by a lot!
Oh, and whenever you want to buy things. Just bargain no matter how cheap or reasonable you find it is because they will always try to raise the price higher, esp for foreigners!
I know that when you convert it(the first selling price) to SGD, you will find it v cheap but I will suggest, if you wanna save more money, just try bargaining!
One of the best method is to walk away! Hahahah. Believe it or not, Ken wanted to get his guitar models and because the price wasn't what he expected so we walked away.
The very next moment, the seller will call for you again! He will ask you back and agree to sell to you at your price! Hahahha.
Or you can buy the things there in bulk! Especially when you intend to get gifts for your love ones, you can buy everything in bulk and bargain with the seller! You may try asking for free gifts too. Hahahaha. That's what Fandra did!

Don't be surprised to see many people even children come up to you and try to sell you stuffs!
Especially if you went to those art market. Many people will hold onto a bunch of accessories, clothes, hats, sun shade.
They will stay there and pester you to buy it. If you don't want, just walk away or say no in a polite manner or with a smile and ignore them.
Because many of us get irritated but we put ourselves in their shoes, they just want to earn a living so be a little understanding towards them :)
Never give them empty promise, such as 'Ok I go buy my things first, I will buy from you later'. Because if you said that, they will definitely look for you and say that you alr promise them.
Well, that's what happened to one of us and our poor friend bought those accessories at a high price.
If you went to the beach, there will be people asking you if you wanna do pedicure/manicure, hair braiding and temporary tattoo!

Ken & I also encountered this incident. This small girl walked towards us and start asking for money. She's actually begging for it and we gave 12k to her which is equivalent to around $2 in S'pore.
But Roey told us before, it's best if we should ignore such people because these children are normally under some sort of gang so they are forced to beg for money.
And instead of helping them, we're helping those gangster. You get what I mean? :)

The food in Bali is very different as compared to Singapore.
There's fast food restaurant too, Macdonalds and KFC, but they serve rice!
I love the cow tongue. It's actually satay but instead of the normal chicken, beef and mutton meat, it's cow tongue!!
Very spicy but really nice. I had cravings for it on the last day in Bali but we didn't managed to get it and S'pore doesn't sell cow tongue too :(
One of my friend, Marck, love the Bakso there. It's actually 1 huge piece of meatball (really huge la!) with very little noodles.
It cost less than a dollar!! But not that filling. Marck even ordered 2 Bakso with 2 plate of rice!!
Hahahahhaa.
Most of the food there are spicy, you should really give it a try!

By the way, we stayed in Kuta which is 10mins drive from the airport.
And along the street, you can see a lot of shop selling fake labels.
OH!! There's also people sitting along the streets and whenever you walk pass, they will say 'Mushroom mushroom'.
It means drug! We didn't know until Roey & co. told us. Hahaha, what a interesting name!

I guess that's about all? Heh. Hope this post allows you to understand Bali better!

No comments: